If you want to be a good chef, you need some good tools. Here are some kitchen appliance and utensil suggestions for kids to get started with cooking. The right tools can help make the job easier.
Check your kitchen for the following items & get familiar with them. If you don’t have the items, ask your parents if you can get them. They will probably be thrilled you want to start cooking!
- Good Quality Pots and Pans
- Kitchen Aid Mixer (KitchenAid KHM9PWH 9-Speed Professional Hand Mixer, White )
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cups
- A Good Set of Knives (see Pure Komachi by Kai 6 1/2 Inch Stainless-Steel Vegetable Santoku Knife )
- A Sharp Can Opener
- A Sharp Peeler
- Several Non-Stick-Safe Spatulas and Stirring Spoons
- Good Quality Wood and Plastic Cutting Boards (Joseph Joseph Chop 2 Pot Cutting Board )
- Strong Non-Plastic Oil/Vinegar Cruets and Spice Containers
- A Set of Mixing Bowls of Various Sizes ( Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set )
©2015 Fit for a Feast- a fun place for kids cooking, kids fitness and kids activities. Join Katrina and Sloane for some great cooking recipes, dance tips and fun activities for kids.